Monday, May 27, 2013

My new favorite green smoothie-pudding


Green smoothies are nothing new to me, but this one I created has a special zing to it that I find really extraordinary...plus, no fruit= no sugar=A+ in my books

Also, it's quite thick so that you can also opt to eat it with a spoon like a pudding or custard.

Courtney's spring renewal zing zing minty green surprise smoothie-pudding:

1/2 zucchini
1/2 cucumber (leave peel on if organic)
large amount fresh peppermint leaves
handful fresh basil leaves (these came from right off my new little basil plant, yay!)
some dark leafy greens of choice (I used dandelion, but kale, collards, or spinach would work too)
1/2 a small avocado
juice of 1 lemon
zest of 1/2 lemon
1/2 dropper full of liquid vanilla stevia
water
ice cubes

Blend all in a high-speed blender such as the Vita-mix or Nutri-bullet until smooth.

Then take a sip, close your eyes, and ENJOY!







No comments:

Post a Comment