Friday, February 28, 2014

Loving your inner child

No matter what age you are, there is a little child inside of you that needs love and nurturing.
As Louise Hay says, " If you’re a woman, no matter how self-reliant you are, you have a little girl who’s very tender and needs help." This child-version of yourself is always present within you and can be triggered through outside circumstances to make herself known.
Lately, I've been feeling some deep emotions- someone looking from the outside could call it "overreacting"- however, what I've come to realize is that it my inner child crying out for attention. Things don't always go as planned. Things sometimes happen that we don't like.
I am able to observe myself, feeling upset, for instance, and as an observer of the emotion (rather than getting lost in the emotion), say to myself: "Wow, I am getting so angry and upset over this little thing. What is going on inside of me to cause such an intense reaction?" And what I've been noticing, just in the last couple of days, is that it is my inner child crying out. She's saying: What about ME? This is not fair!
And she needs a big hug, kind words, and lots of love.
As she heals, the emotions subside.
If she is ignored, situations will keep coming up for me to acknowledge her.

When's the last time you gave your inner child a big bear hug?
How about right now?
Let her know you love her and you really care :0)

With LOVE,
Courts


No comments:

Post a Comment